Efficient, Effective, Viable
Research, Documenting, Transparent
Respect, Responsible, Outcomes
Flexible, Pioneering, Evolutionary
Partnerships, Integrated, Engaged
Visible, Valued, Courageous
|Characteristics of a world class health system for the Gold Coast|
|• Population health approach
• People stay healthy and closer to home
• Data driven
• Evidence based
|• Integrated and coordinated
• Person centred
• Engaged population
• Participatory health care
• Team based care
• Quality and safe care
|• Engaged clinical leadership
• High performing primary care
|• Financially sustainable
• Cost effective
• Focus on what adds value and minimises waste
|GOAL 1||GOAL 2||GOAL 3||GOAL 4|
of care to ensure
people receive the
RIGHT CARE in the
RIGHT PLACE at the
RIGHT TIME, by the
|Increase EFFICIENCY and EFFECTIVENESS of medical services, particularly for those at risk of poor health outcomes.||Actively ENGAGE and ADVOCATE for GENERAL PRACTICE and OTHER
STAKEHOLDERS to facilitate improvement in our local health systems.
|Operate as a HIGH PERFORMING, EFFICIENT and ACCOUNTABLE organisation.|
|HEALTH SERVICE STRATEGIES||ENABLING STRATEGIES|
|• Developing a comprehensive, high
performing primary health care sector
that enables the person centred
• Integrating and coordinating services by
developing innovative models of care
with Gold Coast Health and other partners.
• Fostering participatory health towards
achieving outcomes that matter to people.
• Supporting the development of the primary
care workforce and change in the sector.
|• Providing leadership and influence
(healthcare and broader social
determinants of health) through
partnerships and alliances.
• Establishing efficient, accountable and
effective governance and commissioning
• Developing digital health and ICT
infrastructure that supports service
navigation and health pathways.
• Providing analytics and health intelligence
that supports value based decisions.
|OUTCOMES||EXPERIENCE OF CARE|
|• Outcomes readiness – completion rates for clinical outcome measures.
• Clinical outcomes for people receiving PHN-commissioned low intensity mental health interventions.
• Clinical outcomes for people receiving PHN-commissioned psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals.
• Rate of contracts for commissioned health services that include both output and outcome performance indicators.
|• Measure of patient experience of access to GP.
• Rate of GP team care arrangements/case conferences.
• Number of clients completing satisfaction/ experience surveys and results.
• Number of clients experience an improvement in their mental health/wellbeing/achievement of identified goals/or outcome measures (scores).
|• Number of providers/referrers completing satisfaction/experience survey reporting.
• Support provided to general practices and other health care providers.
• Various program/service/project satisfaction/ experience surveys for our products and services (e.g. clinical placements/Tier 4).
• Workforce Training/information events attendee satisfaction/experience surveys (ensure part of our events/training activity process or contract requirement).
|• Average cost of PHN commissioned low intensity psychological intervention services.
• Average cost of PHN commissioned psychological therapy services delivered by mental health professionals.
• Average cost of PHN commissioned clinical care coordination services for people with severe and complex mental illness.
• Cost of educational event per health professional.
Improve COORDINATION of care to ensure people receive the RIGHT CARE in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME, by the RIGHT PERSON
|• General Practice Support for Drug and Alcohol Treatment
• Turning Pain into Gain
• Wound Mangement
• Health Service Access for Hard to Reach Populations (Community Connectors)
• Enhanced Primary Care (Clinical Educator – Palliative)
• Primary Sense Population Health Management
• Covid-19 Respiratory and GP Clinics
• Covid-19 Training and Education for General Practices
• Primary Care Improvement Program (incl Immunisation and Cancer Screening)
|• Stakeholder Engagement (including Communications and Marketing)
• Access to information and resources (GCPHN website)
• Mental Health – Regional Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan
• Primary Care Engagement includes Digital Health
• Integrated Team Care (Indigenous Health)
• Clinical Placements Medical and Nursing Students
• Education and Training (including events and workforce development)
• COVID-19 Immediate Support
• Digital Health ADHA
Increase EFFICIENCY and EFFECTIVENESS of medical services, particularly for those at risk of poor health outcomes
|• After Hours Emergency Alternatives Campaign
• After Hours Mental Health Severe & Complex Safe Space
• Drug and Alchol Transition and SACS
• Drug and Alchol Home Detox Program
• Needs Assessment
• Mental Health – Low Intensity Services
• Mental Health – Headspace Southport and Upper Coomera
• Mental Health – Severe and Complex Clinical Coordination
• Mental Health – Carers Support Program
• Mental Health – Community-based Support for People in Distress
|• Mental Health – Suicide Prevention
(The Way Back)
• Mental Health – Stepped Care Approach
• CQU Evaluation of Nurse Navigators
• Gold Coast Psychosocial Alliance
• Psychosocial Support (Plus Social)
• National Pyschosocial Support – Interface,
Transition and Continuity of Support
• Greater Choice for At Home Palliative Care
• COVID-19 Mental Health for ATSI and CALD
• COVID-19 Mental Health – Nursing for Older People
Actively ENGAGE and ADVOCATE for GENERAL PRACTICE and OTHER STAKEHOLDERS to facilitate improvement in our local health systems
|• Alcohol and Other Drugs for After Hours Treatment Services
• Alcohol and other Drugs
Treatment Services for Mainstream
• Alcohol and other Drugs
Treatment Services for Indigenous
• AOD Service Integration, Capacity Building and System Efficiency
• Mental Health Gold Coast Youth Severe (Lighthouse)
• Mental Health headspace Early Psychosis Youth Program
|• Mental Health Psychological Services
• Mental Health Indigenous Services
• Mental Health Psychological Services for residential aged care facilities
• Cancer Screening (Qld Health)
• Children In Care
• Mental Health for Hard to Reach Groups (Expanded Horizons)
• My Health For Life
Operate as a HIGH PERFORMING, EFFICIENT and ACCOUNTABLE organisation
|• Integrated Care Alliance
• HR / Training & Development
• Information Management
• Governance (includes Clinical Council and Community Advisory Council)
• Performance Quality & Risk
|• Procurement and Contracting
• Reconciliation Action Plan Committee